Thursday, August 24, 2017

Moon Lake

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Sorry for a late update today. 
It was late afternoon until I made my way downstairs. 
Ryan wanted a haircut and I was working on laundry. A mother's day is never done!

I also had some happy mail in the mailbox today!
A friend hooked me up with a SU Demo from Minnesota that had the Moon Lake stamp set for sale. I have been searching for this set since it was available maybe 3-4 years ago. The prices people wanted on Ebay for it were just too high. Anyways, this lady sold it to me at a reasonable price and it arrived today! 
I love happy mail!

So, of course I had to make a card with it!




This one was a quick & simple card made with monochromatic colors. I cannot wait to make another card with this set and sit & color it in! I have seen so many pretty cards done with this set and i'm beyond thrilled that it's now in my collection! Thank you, Nan, for the hookup!

Happy Birthday Card:

Stamps: Moon Lake, Guy Greetings
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Moraccan DSP
Accessories: Oval Layering Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I was happy this set arrived so soon since I was in need a of some masculine cards!
This set is perfect for that!

****************************************************
My thoughts today....


I am ready for the weekend!

Shawn & I are headed to M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore MD. Saturday for the Ravens preseason football game!


I am SO excited!!!
And to top it off...the weather is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!

That is all for me today!
I will be back tomorrow with something...maybe another Moon Lake card, we shall see!
Till then...

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful evening!
~Wendy

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is a GREAT monochromatic card...and a fabulous image too! I saw what they were selling for on ebay a while back...crazy!

Janice M said...

Gotta LOVE Happy mail! Never saw this stamp before and I can see why you wanted it. Perfect for masculine cards and I love it done in monochromatic colors!

Carol L said...

Im glad you were able to get your hands on this great stamp set, because it really is awesome and I love the masculine papers you chose to go along with it! Fantastic! I was able to get the retired chocolate Easter bunny from a SU! demo - I've been yearning for it for years! Don't you love those golden oldies when they land in your hands?! Have a great weekend and have a lot of SPECIAL fun at the football game! Go for it!!! Enjoy :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Happy for you! That is an amazing set. Just love the boat image! My Holiday catty finally arrived and I want everything in it! I know how we can kick ourselves when we do not order what we want. Anyway, this is lovely B&W card and the background paper with a tiny touch of color is perfect!