Saturday, August 19, 2017

Happy Birthday, Dad

Hello & Happy Saturday!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

I ment to update yesterday but the day got away from me! I sat yesterday morning and designed a bunch of cards to make for 2 friends & I in a few weeks. We've been wanting to get together and just make some cards and have fun since it's been quite awhile since we've done this. I figured this would be a great idea once the weather started to cool down. I designed 4 cards yesterday and cut everything we would need for those projects. I will share those after we have our little get together in a few weeks!

Anyways, today is my Dad's 82nd birthday and I could not let it go until I made a card and sent it to him. Although it has been 2 1/2 years since I have last seen him I still want him to know I think of him everyday and wanted to wish him a nice birthday!

Here is the card I made for him.




I rushed to get this made and grab some pictures before running it to the mailbox. Sadly, I missed the mail lady that day but I still hope he got it on time!
I had borrowed my friend's Lovely As A Tree stamp set and decided to make this card for Dad. I used sentiments from Papertreyink.


Happy Birthday, Dad Card:

Stamps: Woodgrain Background Stamp, Lovely As A Tree, Papertreyink
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Garden Green & Early Espresso SU Markers
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Trim the Tree DSP
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Oval Layering Framelits, Hexagon Punch (flag ends), Early Espresso 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue


A quick & simple masculine card for Dad.
I hope he has a special day!

Happy birthday, Dad!

****************************************************
My thoughts today....


That is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have yourself a great day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That green gingham looks totally awesome. Lovely as a tree, has to be their #1 selling set of all times! Hope you are feeling a bit better, and have a fantastic weekend!

LeAnne said...

This is perfect for your dad! I am sure you miss him and he will love this card! I haven't inked up this stamp for a while....I think I need to dust it off!

Carol L said...

I'm sure your dad will enjoy this card you made for him whether it arrives on time or a little bit late. When a card arrives late, I chalk it up as extending my birthday for at least another day and he will too. I love the green plaid and how great it matches to that pretty green tree color! Awesome creation! I hope you're having a fun weekend :)

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card. I'm sure he will love it!

Janice M said...

Getting together to make cards with other people sounds like fun! I have this set but have NEVER used this stamp!! I always used the Pine tree or the group of trees. Your Dad is sure to love this.