Saturday, June 17, 2017

Masculine Happy Birthday

Hello & Happy Saturday!

A dreary Saturday here so far. No sunshine but no rain either. I sure wish we'd get one or the other!
Today there is alot of activity in the neighborhood as Red Lion is having their Yard Sale Days. Since we have lived here we have not participated but i'm thinking maybe next year because we have stuff building up in our storage room that we don't use anymore. It'd be a great way to get rid of some of that stuff plus I have tons of stamp stuff I could probably sell off too!

Anyways, today I have a card to share that I made with a new SU set called Wood Words.
When I first saw this set I was not really impressed with it but as always with me it takes me seeing lots of cool idea's before I get  taken in by it! I tried to keep this card more on the masculine side and it did not hurt that the July 4th holiday is approaching quickly so I put the 2 together.




The recipient of this card is a blogging friends husband who I have been watching their Facebook Live  video's the last few months and always enjoy seeing the 2 showing us lots of cool card idea's. Yes, he stamps each week in the video's! Such a lovely couple they are and I enjoy tuning in each week to watch! The husband is celebrating his birthday...actually today! Yes, I am way late on mailing it out but better late than never! Hope he likes it! Happy Birthday, Tim!


Happy Birthday, Tim Card:

Stamps: Wood Words, Guy Greetings
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Red Rhinestones, Night of Navy Baker's Twine, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Since getting the Wood Words Bundle (yes it comes with matching dies!) I have come to really like this set and see many cards & projects in my future!!

*******************************************
My thoughts today....


You know because every crafter needs lots of supplies at all times whether we need them or not!
I know I am not the only one.....am I???

Well, that is all for me today!
Shawn & I are getting ready to head down to Maryland to a park that has waterfalls for a quick walk/hike. I always enjoy being out in the peace & quiet of nature as long as a snake does not cross my path! It won't be so quiet if that happens!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today & have a wonderful weekend!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like the somewhat rustic look of this patriotic birthday card. The way you criss-crossed the twine looks amazing and I never thought to try tying it on like that! I'm sure the recipient will enjoy this card whether it's late or on time! Have a great hike today - I hope the rain and muggies hold off so you can enjoy your time together! Have fun!

Janice M said...

Saw the pictures of your hike on FB! Looks like a nice place to go. Love the patriotic feel of your birthday card. I'm sure he'll love it.