Sunday, August 21, 2016

Olympics in Rio de Janeiro

Hello & Happy Sunday!

Today is the last day of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 
We have watched from day one! The opening ceremonies were beautiful and I think Rio did a wonderful job hosting this year! I am looking forward to watching the closing ceremonies this evening and wrapping this up! We have been glued to the tv for days.....well the last 17 days to be exact! So in honor of the Olympics I made my friend a little treat of goodies to represent the USA. She is a fan of the Olympics too!




It was amazing that the candy companies brought out all the patriotic wrappers this year to represent our country. I put some Hershey Kisses inside a small cello bag and added a USA topper with my Layered Letters Alphabet set and punched a small gold star with some Gold Glimmer Paper. Cute and right to the point! 

 Last evening we watched a recap of Men's Soccer and it was amazing to see that Brazil took home the gold metal.....first ever! So great for them! And a huge congrats to all the countries that won! They were alot of fun to watch! 


*****************************

My thoughts today....



Enjoy the day!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I have really enjoyed these Olympics and very proud of how our country represented. It had a few snags, but for the most part it was quite exciting. That is a great little snack/treat you have created! Very patriotic!

Carol L said...

I haven't even seen these patriotic-wrapped kisses, but they make for a really cute treat for Olympic fans! Great idea and fun results! Have a great week ahead!