Friday, August 19, 2016

Happy Birthday, Dad

Hello & Happy Friday!

I have been taking a break from blogging and watching the Olympics these last 2 weeks! 
Have you been watching?

Today is a special day.....it's my Dad's birthday!

It doesn't matter who's right or wrong today. My family has fallen apart once again and no one speaks. It's been a year & a half since I last seen my Dad and I really hope deep down he knows how much we miss him and how much I hate this situation. I'm sure he hates it too.
 And so this is the card I sent my Dad. I will continue to send him cards to remind him that he is special to me and that we have not forgotten about him. He deserves to have a great day, no matter what!

 I made this card awhile back as it reminds me so much of him from our days on vacation in Ocean City, Maryland. Lots of fun memories.....



It's not everyday that someone celebrates 81 birthdays!
I hope he has a very special day filled with joy & happiness!

**************

My thoughts today.....


Happy Birthday, Dad! 


The Olympics wrap up this weekend so I hope to get back to blogging very soon!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

2 comments:

Carol L said...

It's heartbreaking when families fall apart, but the card you made for your dad is fabulous! I love the masculine feel of the plaid, grey and teal colors, and knowing the memories of him in good times reflects in the special birthday card you made, I hope it will bring him a sense of joy. Enjoy the weekend and the last 2 days of Olympics!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love you my sweet friend and my wish for is that your family situation is resolved soon, Life is short and my heart breaks for you. Big hugs to you and Shawn. Love and miss you so much!!