Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Swirly Bird Kites

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

What a day!
I spent most of the day in the kitchen baking up a batch of Lemon Glazed Zucchini Bread, regular Zucchini Bread and a pot of Cabbage & Corned Beef. The cabbage sure made the house stinky! It's a meal that I don't make too often but we love cabbage!

Once I made my way downstairs I finally found my Swirly Bird stamp set that I have had since the new catalog came out. I thought I lost it! Fell behind a bunch of other stamp sets.....that should tell you that I have way TOOOO many!

Here is my card for today!


Of course I had to use Dapper Denim once again....I love this color!


I stamped my kites with Dapper Denim and the solid part of the kites image is also Dapper Denim but I stamped off once on a piece of scratch paper so it would give the kite a 2 toned look. And look at the ribbons on the kite strings....I couldn't help but put some rhinestones on them!


My card is also a Gate Fold Card. Haven't made one of these in...well, forever!


I also used my new Thoughtful Banners stamp set & coordinating punch for the sentiment.
Love it!


Celebrate Card:

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners
Ink: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky
Cardstock: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim In Color DSP
Accessories: Thoughtful Banners, Punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape



My thought for today.......


That's all for today!
Headed out for a bike ride! WooHoo!

Thanks for stopping by & have a terrific day!
~Wendy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

What a cool card using that great stamp set! I love the dual-toned kites and especially the new denim color. Did you say lemon-glazed zucchini bread? Yum! Bring out the lemons and I'm there! LOL

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your kites Wendy and glad your Swirly Bird was not lost forever!! Love and Miss you!! Have a great day!!

D'Ann said...

This is surely a happy and cheerful card! Love that Dapper Denim. I need to bring it and use it. I don't have that set but you always inspire me to get what you have :)