Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sympathy Cards

Hello & Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
The weather here in south central PA is cloudy & a bit rainy. A chance for some freezing rain but I think the temperatures are finally rising above freezing. Nonetheless, it's still dreary & almost dark out today! Guess i'll be heading down to craft a bit this afternoon! WooHoo!

Before I leave, I wanted to share a few sympathy cards I have made in the last week or so. So much sadness to start off the beginning of the New Near. I just sent 2 cards out this past week and 2 the week before. 

This first card I cased from Kay Kalthoff. So simple and beautiful I will probably make another one with this layout but in different colors.




This card I made with a different fold. I love the Z Fold type of card. I pulled the colors for this from the DSP. I think it's very pretty & quite uplifting!






My next card I used the Color Challenge colors from a week or 2 ago. I felt they were more suited to be a Sympathy card possibly for a man.

Color Challenge 511

The colors are:
Old Olive, Very Vanilla & Crumb Cake




Sympathy Card #1:

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Praying Hands are PSX
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories: SU Embossing Folder, Early Espresso 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Circle Punch, Stamp A Ma Jig, Glue Dot, 2 Sided Tape


Sympathy Card #2:

Stamps: Love & Sympathy, Thoughts & Prayers (sentiment inside), Papillion Potpourri
Ink: Old Olive & Blackberry Bliss SU Markers
Cardstock: Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Moonlight DSP
Accessories: Label Collection Framelits, Hello Honey Ribbon, Sm. Butterfly Punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Sympathy Card #3:

Stamps: Crosses of Hope, Sentiment from The Rubber Stampede
Ink: Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Stripes E.F., Old Olive 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone, 2 Sided Tape


I hope all the cards I have sent brings some comfort & peace to the recipients. Sympathy cards are not an easy thing to make but I find comfort in them.

Well, that's all I have for today!
Stop back tomorrow for another challenge from Merry Monday! Those ladies are really putting out some great challenges to start off this New Year!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day, my friends!

Happy Stamping!
~Wendy

1 comment:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love that Z fold card, very nice Sympathy cards, I agree they are hard, but they do bring comfort to the recipient. Nice job on all!!!