Monday, September 15, 2014

Merry Monday Challenge Week #126

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone is well.
 It's been quite a few weeks since I last posted. During that time I was busy preparing for vacation, a party at my brother's for Labor Day and a wonderful trip to Freeport, Bahamas for my birthday! We had such a great time and it has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth! I almost hated to return home! We've been back now almost a week and it's so hard settling back into a normal routine but i'm slowly getting there!

So, this week over at the Merry Monday blog we have a new challenge for you! Karren is our hostess so let's get to it!




I picked this sentiment out of my box because I love the font and the added holly leaves. I stamped, colored and cut the sentiment out with the Oval Nestibilities and used my Gold Leaf Krylon Pen to put the gold edge on it. I tried to keep my card as simple & flat as possible to mail out later. I'm not sure if I will let the gold pearls on when it comes time to mail. My white panel is embossed with a holly embossing folder from The Paper Studio that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The bow is Old Olive 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon. Hope you like!

Please stop by the Merry Monday blog to see what the ladies have created this week! So many neat idea's for this week's challenge. Hope it will inspire you to play along!



Merry Monday #126 Card:

Stamps: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Neenah White, Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Oval Nestibilities, Hexagon Punch (flag ends), Holly EF from The Paper Studio, Krylon Gold Leaf Pen, Gold Pearls, 1/8 Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape

Here are some pictures from my trip....

This is a picture from the plane looking down at the ocean water. The turquoise color is the water. So pretty & crystal clear!


Shawn & I at the pool....
 

We stayed at the Memories Resort & Spa in Freeport, Bahamas. Absolutely beautiful place! :)
 

Shawn & I on our last day there. This was taken from our 4th floor balcony.
 

Paradise found!!! :)
 

Shawn's sister, Tracy, me & my oldest daughter, Kirsten :)
 

Kirsten & me :)
 

Well, that's all for today!
Time to get some housework done so I can get crafty the rest of the week! :)

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

10 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

Wendy this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the sentiment and the bits of color are just perfect - great work!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment with the holly leaves. So pretty. Happy to hear you had a great time on vacation. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. :)

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and you look so relaxed and happy! Love this card with the traditional Christmas colors and holly! That sure is a pretty sentiment stamp! Have a great week!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card and it looks like you had a fantastic time!!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Jen Mitchell said...

It's so hard to come back from vacation. Especially one in a tropical location! But Christmas cards come calling, don't they! I love your CAS design!

Karren said...

This is a gorgeous sentiment, Wendy! And the gold pen is the perfect finishing touch! I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday - the photos are fab!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Wendy, your sentiment is so pretty with springs of holly.

GeminiJen said...

Very pretty. The sentiment is gorgeous and I love the embossing folder.

Lori Turner said...

Love this traditional Christmas card Wendy! That sentiment (font) is gorgeous...looks like you and a GLORIOUS vacay! xoxoxo

jaydee said...

Wendy, I love the gold behind the sentiment layer. The colors are so crisp and clean and I love it! Thanks for having me as a FD this month
Jaydee