Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #86

Hello & Happy Tuesday!

Yup, i'm a day late thanks to our cable modem going out!
Boy, isn't something how we depend on so much in our daily routine with our computers!

We returned our modem to Comcast and they gave a us a brand new one which took my hubby & technical support hours to get back up & running! A big thank you to Shawn for all his hardwork for us to have our internet, cable & phone back up & working!

So, yesterday I missed out on the Merry Monday update as well as doing any shopping online for Cyber Monday. No sense in being too upset about it but I was looking forward to some good online deals for Christmas gifts. 

So, Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper gave us another terrific challenge to help us get those Christmas cards made! This challenge was a bit tricky for some of us on the design team but I think we all did fabulous!

Here we go!!




I have seen so many awesome things done with the Chalkboard technique but I have never tried my hand at it until now. It's actually quite easy!

Merry Monday Challenge Week #86 Card:

Stamps: Star Tree, Sweet Essentials
Ink: Memento Black, Craft White Pad
Cardstock: Neenah White, Basic Black, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Snow Burst EF, Holiday Collection Framelits (star), White EP, Heat Gun, Gold Trimmed Ribbon, Dimensional, Liquid Mono Multi Glue

Hope you can play along with us this week!
Stop by Lesley's blog to see what the other Merry Maker's have created this week for inspiration. Beautiful projects!

Well, that's all for me today!
Today is my son, Ryan's 27th birthday. I promised him a special meal for supper tonight so I better go get working on that!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Wendy! I love the touches of gold you added.

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you got your Internet working again. It's scary how much we rely on it! And I've found that most places still have Cyber Monday deals going.

Your tree is brilliant! I love how it stands out from the chalkboard as if it is lit up! So pretty! Hope you week ends better than it started! And how's Bailee?

Karen Davis said...

Hi Wendy. I just love your very elegant card. The tree is so perfect on the chalkboard and it is beautifully complimented by the ribbon and embossing.

Susan Joyce said...

Love your chalkboard tree Wendy with it's glittery star. Lovely CAS design.

Darnell said...

Sorry it has taken me a few days to come back and see your MM post, Wendy! I love how you did your chalkboard technique with this pretty Christmas tree!! I also saw the candy bar gift wrappers you did on your more recent posts and I LOVE them!! Hugs, Darnell