Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Thursday Week #3

Hello & Happy Thursday!

Can you believe that next Thursday will be Thanksgiving already! How did that happen??!!
Well, as most know i've been working hard on getting some Thanksgiving cards made in between the hussle & bussle of Halloween & Christmas. This week is week 3 of my series called Thanksgiving Thursday and I have 2 cards to share this week!

Here we go!

This card is a case of my one Christmas cards from last week. I loved that card and enjoyed that sketch so I incorporated it into a Thanksgiving card.
My colors got a bit wonky in my photo's. Not sure what's been going on with that. The center panel that is embossed with the Square Lattice EF is actually Tangerine Tango cardstock. It almost looks peachy in the picture.
I embossed my image on Crushed Curry cardstock with a brown embossing powder. It's actually coffee scented but after having that embossing powder for many years, it's lost it smell.


My next card is done using a new set to me called Gently Falling. I have adored this set for the last 2 years and finally was able to snag it last month durning one of Stampin Up's sales! My Cajun Craze panel is stamped with the Woodgrain Background stamp. I love this stamp as it gives a woodsy/masculine look. I randomly stamped my leaf images in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry & Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I added a strip of Early Espresso Taffeta along with a bow and my sentiment. The Crushed Curry panel under my main image is punched with an EK Success border punch for interest. Alse there is a picture of the inside.
 


These will soon get addressed and put out for the mail as Thanksgiving is one week away! I don't know about all of you but i'm so ready for some turkey & pumpkin pie! :)

Thanksgiving Thursday Week 3 Card 1:

Stamps:  Country Pleasure, Tiny Talk
Ink: Versamark, Brown Coffee Scented EP, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories: Sm. Oval Punch, Ribbon, Square Lattice EF, Heat Gun, Dimensionals, Liquid Mono Glue


Thanksgiving Thursday Week 3 Card 2:

Stamps: Gently Falling, Teeny Wishes, Woodgrain Background, DRS Designs (inside sentiment)
Ink: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Accessories: EK Success Border Punch, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Gold Pearls, Word Window & Modern Label Punches, Dimensionals, Liquid Mono Glue

Well, that does it for me today!
My hubby has a very long day ahead of him at work today so that means he probably will not get in till almost bedtime this evening. That gives me most of the day to play downstairs at my stamp table. I have lots to work on this weekend because next week will be a busy time with baking for the holiday! I'm excited!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!
~Wendy

No comments: