Monday, October 14, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge Week #79

Hello & Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

It's time for another fun challenge from Lesley over at Always Playing With Paper.





I pulled out a scrap piece of paper that has snowflakes on it that I had for awhile. It also had the colors in it that I needed. I layered that on some retired Ballet Blue cardstock. Then I added a piece of Ribbon and punched out a snowflake from some Silver Glimmer Paper. In my stash I had some Ballet Blue buttons so I tied that on to my snowflake with some white baker's twine. My sentiment is from a retired All Year Cheer set. I stamped that in Ballet Blue, layered that on some Ballet Blue cardstock along with a row of silver beads. Popped up my sentiment and called it done. It probably took about 20 minutes to whip up and i'm happy with it!


Merry Monday Week #79 Card:

Stamps: Sentiment from All Year Cheer
Ink: Ballet Blue
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Neenah White, The Paper Studio DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Snowflake Punch (retired), Ballet Blue Grosgrain & Button, White Baker's Twine, Silver Beads, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape

Hope you can stop by Lesley's blog and see what the other Merry Maker's have created this week! I also hope you can play along with us! Would love to see what you create!


Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love how you added the blue button on the silver snowflake.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Wendy, this beauty looks like it should have taken a lot longer. Love that glimmer snowflake and the paper is perfect! Have a great week, my friend!

Loll said...

Hi Wendy. So pretty! Perfect designer paper - love it topped with the die-cut and layered snowflake - fabulous design. The row of silver beads under the sentiment is so creative. Loll xx

Carol L said...

Your card is a wonderful take on the challenge! I love the blue & silver colors, especially all that silver sparkle!

Karren said...

Ballet Blue! Now there's a blast from the past! This is a lovely card, Wendy. That paper really sets off your snowflakes and the Ballet Blue background is a perfect match.

Lesley said...

This card is so gorgeous, Wendy! Love the paper and the simple layout. It is really pretty!

Karen Davis said...

So very pretty Wendy. I love the blue you have used. A gorgeous Christmas card.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous....I miss Ballet Blue (and Bordering Blue and Brilliant Blue and Brocade Blue--notice a theme here?)! I love the way you "underlined" the sentiment too! Very pretty card!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the brighter shades of blue you used Wendy and the pretty snowflake with the button and twine and the silver pearls.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Wendy, I love the shades of blue you used and your snowflake is stunning.

stampwithsandy said...

What a stunning background you've created, Wendy! So many interesting elements, a perfect backdrop for you sparkly snowflake!