Monday, March 4, 2013

Merry Monday #52

Hello & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!
I took some time off last week from stamping. Things were just busy around here!
We also adopted a dog on Saturday!
I know, I know.....I said i'd never have another dog but how can you ever say no to this cute little face?


Shawn belongs to a websight called Operation Paws for Homes and he found this sweet little dog on there last Tuesday. Something in me could not let it alone. Regina, as she was named, looked SO much like my Fluffy and there were so many signs that seemed right.
Saturday, we headed south to Virginia and met the dog. It was love at first sight and I was not leaving Virginia without her! The dog's foster mom said she was a "diamond in the rough" and such a fabulous little girl. She was right! The foster mom nicknamed her "Gigi" and we thought it fit her and decided to keep the name! This poor little girl was well taken care of from her previous owners but no one knows how she became a stray. At some point she also had puppies. So heartbreaking!
Animal Control found her in South Carolina somewhere and took her to a shelter where she received medical care and cleaned her up some. She was found dirty & very matted. She has flea bites and some skin issues right now but it looks as if things are healing. I'm concerned about her because she is terribly thin and so boney. God love her, she has such a good heart and is so loveable! Her teeth are beautiful, her eyes are clear & bright and she is housebroken. They think she is about 6 years old but we all think (even the foster mom) she is younger. She is a spunky little thing and oh so sweet! Since bringing her home Saturday evening she checked out her new surroundings, ate, slept with Shawn & I and then had a bath to help her feel better. We took her to the park for walk & also a trip to the pet store. She's an amazing dog and I just love her!

So, ok I know your all here to see my Merry Monday card so here goes!



This week is a color challenge and I knew exactly what I wanted to do!
I left my designer paper do all the talking on this!
I added my sentiment, gold pearls and some gold trimmed ribbon and called it done.
Hope you like!


Merry Mondays Week #52 Card:

Stamps: PSX Sentiment
Ink: Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls DSP
Accessories: Oval & Scallop Oval Nestibilities, Gold Pearls, Gold Trimmed Ribbon, Hot Glue, 2 Sided Tape

Well, that's all for now!
Hope you will stop by Lesley's blog to see what the other Merry Makers have created this week! They are beautiful works of art!!

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

13 comments:

Carol L said...

AWWWWwww, huge congratulations for bringing Gigi home! She looks precious, and your family looks so happy with her! I wish you many years of happiness with her! Good for you for getting a rescue dog too!! I'm happy for you all :)
Your card is beautiful Wendy, and I love this color combination! Those gold beads in the flower center are the perfect accent!
Have a great week.........and I know you will :)

Lesley said...

Love your post this morning Wendy, little Gigi looks lovely and she must be so happy to have found your happy family! We rescued our dog as well and the love he has shown us has been boundless. I wish you all the best with your little sweetie.

Good for you to use this designer paper, it was one of my favourites from SU! and it is where the colours came from for this week. Very pretty card!

Hugs,
Lesley

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Wendy I love your bow. Congratulations on bring Gigi home :).

debbie said...

love your card....but mostly congrats on Gigi. She is a doll.
hugs

LeAnne said...

Well, first, let me say I am in love with that little Gigi too---as soon as I saw her on FB, I knew she had you guys wrapped around her little paw!!! Adorable! Congratulations! I know Fluffy would be happy for all of you!
Your card is just lovely...this is some of my favorite SU paper...I am hoarding my last few pieces!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card! Your post today brought a smile to my face...so glad that you and Gigi found each other...

Bonnie said...

Oh, Wendy, I'm so happy for you and for Gigi! Sounds like a perfect match!

This is some awesome paper you used for this card! Love the addition of the gold pearls and the pretty bow. A beautiful card!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and congrats on your new addition to the family. She looks adorable. x

Katherine said...

Congrats on the new dog! I cannot imagine my life without one. Beautiful card, too. I love this DSP, I've hoarded what I have left just to look at it! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi Wendy, I just think your card is so gorgeous and so elegant. That ribbon is beautiful and the perfect bow. I am honoured to be the Featured Designer this month, should be so much fun!

Judy May said...

Gorgeous card, Wendy. Love that sentiment and the gold trimmed ribbon as well. Congrats on the new member of the family. Pets are the best!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm so pleased for you to have found Gigi! She's adorable!
Your card is really lovely! I remember this DSP - it's a perfect choice for this challenge!

Susan Joyce said...

Love, Love, love your card Wendy! It is so pretty and I have been admiring it since you posted it on the MM blog. Very clever of you to use the DSP this way and create such a pretty card.