Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seize the Birthday Challenge Week #1

Hello & Happy Thursday!

I was so excited for this day to come because of Lesley's Seize the Birthday Challenge to start! I'm terrible with keeping up with having cards made for people's birthday's anymore so this challenge is a huge blessing!
Today is the first sketch and it is to make a feminine birthday card with this sketch:




After seeing the sketch I decided to pull out this old SU set called Watercolor Garden. This is probably my oldest & most loved set....and one I will never part with! I looked on my paper rack and found this pack of springy colored paper and the rest just came easily! 
Hope you like!


Seize the Birthday Card:

Stamps: Watercolor Garden, Sentiment from Amuse
Ink: Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Memento Black
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Just Eat Cake DSP, Neenah White
Accessories: Labels Framelits, Baja Breeze Taffeta, Orange Rhinestones, Dimensionals, 2 Sided Tape


Well, that is all for today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

11 comments:

Kim S said...

Oh Wendy, I like this a lot!! I haven't had that set out in forever. I love the paper and colors you have used with it.

Carol Lucas said...

Such a pretty card! Love the fresh look of your flower, too!

Carol L said...

I don't think I've ever seen this stamp set, but I'd be hanging onto it as well! I love the color scheme you chose and the papers are perfect!
I know Fluffy's birthday will be a difficult day for you, but be glad you were able to enjoy him as long as you did! I miss all 3 of mine every day too :)

Patti said...

love the way you pulled the colors out of the paper...it soooooooooooooo works
patti moffett

Stacey Schafer said...

This is lovely, Wendy! love your color and pattern choices on this happy card:) thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lynn said...

love the zingy colours Wendy. Wonderful stamp too. Lynn x

Rose said...

well i see why you love this stamp set!! such a pretty card :
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Lesley said...

Fresh, fun and oh so pretty Wendy! Love what you created my friend. So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

jjcreations said...

Wonderful springy card - I loved that Watercolor Garden set too.

Bonnie said...

I love these bright, happy colors and the pretty daisy!

Unknown said...

I stumbled here through Seize the Birthday Card challenge.
I love every entry I saw and this is one such lovely creative.
I was actually looking for some ideas for birthday cards for friends and I think you gave me some ;-)
Thanks and cheers!

Mich