Monday, June 4, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge Week #23

Hello & Happy Monday!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
I'm back this week as a Merry Maker after taking last week off. I ended up playing along with the Merry Monday Challenge anyways so I would have all 22 cards completed but also to help me move forward. Losing Fluffy has left such a huge void in our lives & hearts but each day it's getting a little bit better. Today is 2 weeks now without her smiling little face & wagging tail. We miss her so much!

So, now it's time for another terrific sketch from Lesley from over at Always Playing With Paper! I have grown to love her sketches and have enjoyed this challenge very much so! Her sketches are simple and that in itself makes you want to grab all your Christmas supplies and play along! Above is the link to where you can get lots of inspiration from Lesley and the rest of the Merry Makers so please be sure to pop on over and check it out!



I loved this week's sketch but had a terrible time with getting my sentiment in the upper right hand corner! At first I had cut out the actual sentiment that comes with this set in an oval shape but it covered too much of my embossed tree so I had to think smaller! I'm happy with the end results now!


Merry Monday Challenge Week #23 Card:

Stamps: Snow Swirled, Petite Pairs (sentiment)
Ink: Night of Navy, VersaMark
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Silver Shiny Paper, Silver Glitter Paper, Neenah White
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, Circle & Scallop Circle Nestibilties, SU Scallop Edge Border Punch, Night of Navy Satin Ribbon, Heat Gun, Silver Embossing Powder, Hot Glue Gun, Silver Beads, Dimensionals, Scor Tape

Well, that is all for me today!
Hope you liked my card for this week and will play along with us!
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

11 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute, Wendy. Love the silver!

Lesley said...

Love that silver bling too Wendy! So pretty!

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!! Love that Night of Navy card stock and ribbon on this beautiful card. One of my very favorite images too!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

It's gorgeous, Wendy! That little sentiment is perfect. The silver really makes this stand out!!

Bonnie said...

I've always loved this set, but something else always won out when I ordered. You have sure changed that! This is so elegant with the silver and navy! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That's one super classy card Wendy, I love it. That image is new to me so I'll have to read closely to find out more!

Mary Mac

Karen Aicken said...

BEAUTIFUL! I have been looking and looking at that stamp set and you may have just pushed me over the edge. :-) I love all your little details.
Just BEAUTIFL!
Cheers, Karen

Carol L said...

I think Snow Swirled is my all-time favorite Christmas stamp set, and I love this navy card with all the silver accents! Totally gorgeous!!

Debbie said...

STUNNING!!!!

hugs
Debbie

Paper Art Princess said...

Beautiful card, the blue is such a rich shade, it's lovely!

Narelle Farrugia said...

There's so much elegance to your Christmas card Wendy - love it!