Monday, May 2, 2011

Happiness Shared....

Hello & Happy Monday!

Last week Vicki & I went out to lunch one day and afterwards she came back to my house to teach me how to watercolor. I owned the Aqua Painters from Stampin Up but could never really get the hang of water coloring so she gave me a quick lesson. I learned quite a bit and realized that it's all in the amount of water released from the painters and it can be a bit tricky!

Below, I made 2 cards....one is water colored and the other I used my Copics.
I know my pictures aren't the clearest (i'm still learning the new camera too!).
Can you tell which is which??




Anniversary Card:

Stamps: Happiness Shared, Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink: Stazon Black, Memento Black, Stampin Up Ink Pads, Copic Markers
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Vanilla, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, White
Accessories: SU Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Square & Square Scallop Nestibilities, Pearls, Rhinestones, Ribbon, Glue Dots, Scor Tape



Vicki also made a card with this same set. You can check out her card here.
Her water coloring is amazing!

Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You did a fantastic job, would have never known you are a beginner at watercoloring. I can't tell the difference. They are all gorgeous

Hugs
Debbie

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful, beautiful,beautiful! Well done my friend!

Vicki Burdick said...

Just gorgeous Wendy, I love them both and I think the watercolored one is the one done in orange, but it really is hard to tell!! Amazing job and I love the design of them too!!!

Janice M said...

Beautiful cards Wendy! I also guess that the orance one is water colored??! Very hard to tell though!

Carol L said...

Vicki taught you well! Both cards are gorgeous and they'll make some couples very happy to receive them!

Tammi said...

It's been forever since I colored with those, your cards are beautiful Wendy!